Assessor Agent: RJD Appraisals, Inc.
Matt Caldwell, Assessor
Last Monday of each of month, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
* Available for appointment by appointment
Phone: (207) 685-4983
Mailing/ Physical Address: P.O. Box 400/ 48 Pond Road, Wayne, ME 04284
The Assessor is responsible for the following:
- find and list all taxable and non-taxable property within the Town of Wayne. determine the valuation of all taxable and non-taxable property in the Town of Wayne whether it be real estate or business personal property.
- determine the exemption eligibility of qualifying properties in the Town of Wayne. prepare the Commitment Book showing valuation of all land, buildings, business personal property, tax due on each account, veterans and exempt properties. commit taxes to the Tax Collector for collection.
- establish an acceptable level of assessment performance quality as prescribed by statute.
- conduct annual sales ratio studies.
- provide the Bureau of Taxation with complete Sales Analysis Return annually.
- Review abatement requests and defend decisions before County Commissioners.
- provide the Bureau of Taxation with Municipal Valuation. physically inspect and inventory each real estate parcel and personal property account every four years.
- maintain current records regarding ownership and extent of taxation and
- maintenance of property tax maps.
- administer the homestead exemption.
Tax Maps and Commitment Books